Monday 12 May 2014

Mother's Day Chat


Hello again! It has been quite some time since I last updated this blog. Elder Sommerfeldt has had some difficulty uploading photos in his area (Lancaster, CA) so until he either gets transferred or decides to buy a new SD card, we will only have to imagine what Lancaster looks like.

(I MYSELF HAVE FOUND GOOGLE MAPS TO BE AN EXCELLENT TOOL FOR THIS TASK)

This was a quick photo that I took on my phone of James skyping the family on Mother's Day. What you cannot see is the Google Hangout on the computer, connecting the other 20 people of our immediate family together for a momentary wrinkle in time.

It was a pleasant surprise to come home from church (I left early, don't tell my Bishop) to hear Elder Sommerfeldt's voice in the kitchen.

James delivered his door approach en espanol for us and it was quite impressive! In 6 months, he has gone from the kid who did not even know what "hola" meant to speaking the spanish language quite fluently.

I HAVE A VIDEO OF THE DOOR APPROACH, WHICH WILL BE UPLOADED WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

...

In his weekly email this week, he wrote that he misses Palmdale because he misses the people and the proximity to the mountains. He also said that the plethora of gravel paths in Lancaster is a burden to his bike-riding. (In his words: This week not much happened, crashed again on my bike. That's like a crash every transfer now, sigh.)

Also in big news, Elder Sommerfeldt has reached the 6 month mark on his mission! How exciting!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment